We went camping last week with some good friends of ours up at Ponderosa in McCall. It was so much fun! When we got up there we stopped for pizza at The Toll Station, which was great since we didn't want to cook the first night. After dinner, we hurried to our camp site since it was getting dark fast. Mom and Dad set up the tent while the boys ventured out on the important task of collecting wood for the fire. The boys were pretty excited for S'mores.
The second day we met up with our friends the Hansen's which was great because the boys now had friends to play with and could start separating into smaller clans like in "The Lord of the Flies". They were soon off exploring the wild kingdom. That lasted about 10 minutes when they decided they wanted to go swimming. So off we went!




After swimming for a few hours, the boys got a little cold, so we went back to camp to start dinner. The younger kids were running all over the place, so I told them if they were good they would get dessert after dinner:
The older kids got to sit back, set sticks on fire and talked about the 'Good ol' Days' when life was easier...
Later, the kids put on on a show for us at the 'Interpretive Arts Area" - they gave Cirque du Soleil a run for their money:
I'm not sure where he picked it up, but a few times during the younger kids act Trevor would just pull some random half-cartwheel 'freeze' move and just sit there while the other kids danced around, it was hilarious:
And one more... (I believe this is the 'German Pointer' move? Hopefully not the 'other' dog move..)
And here's the older kids. Garrett is doing his 'back-scratcher air guitar slide' technique: (surprisingly no splinters...)
After a terrific show, we headed back to camp and to carve sticks and eat lunch. I helped Trevor make a sword since the other kids had much 'cooler' sticks than he did. I would hold the knife while he would push my hand. It was a good system, I believe he took a nap after that: (Edit: Nope, that was me...)
And what good is a sword without a place to hold it? Trevor told me he knew the perfect place to put the sword when we were done:
Soon we ate dinner and had dessert. The Hansens prepared an awesome Taco bar and Tiffany made Peach Cobbler in the Dutch oven after - it was good! Naturally, after Cobbler, it was only customary to finish it off with more S'mores! (What don't they go with?)
Here is Tiffany cooking hers to perfection:











4 comments:
McCall! What a beautiful place. I've always said I wanted to retire there. Looks like you had a great time. I'm so proud of Tiff and her conformism's to boy culture. Who would have thought ...!! :)
Oh yeah, AND she made French Toast and Pancakes for Breakfast every day! I think we should camp all the time now!! -Chris
Looks like a great trip. I am so jealous of all the fun photos taken camping and at lakes there in Idaho. Aaron & I miss it so much.
Looks like you all had fun. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment